While I can’t speak for other managers, I know that I have days where I have the following thoughts:
- Huh. Never run across that one.
- I have no idea what I’m doing.
- Wow, they really let me be in charge.
- Am I even grown-up enough to do this?
- Don’t Panic. If you panic, others will panic.
I suppose I could give some sage advice on how I don’t let these thoughts get to me but mostly, I just think of this:
So if you happen to be visiting my library and you see me execute a random jazz square and twirl, you now know that it’s not just out of the pure joy of being a librarian.